The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 regulates the processing of personal data by the data user in a commercial transaction and protects the interest of the data subject.
The following statements explain the general terms of Tarsoft Sdn Bhd regarding the collection and processing of your personal data by Tarsoft. Tarsoft is committed to the protection of your personal data and compliance of all applicable personal data protection laws and regulations in Malaysia.
By providing your personal data to TARSOFT, you have read and accepted the statements herein; and you have consented to the processing of your personal data by TARSOFT in the manner set out herein. If you provide personal data of third parties to TARSOFT, you warrant and represent to TARSOFT that you have obtained the required consent of the third parties for the processing of the relevant personal data by TARSOFT in the manner set out herein.
Notice and Choice Principle Statement
3.1 TARSOFT may be required to collect personal data from you during the course of your dealings with TARSOFT or for the purpose of TARSOFT’s business activities. Such personal data may include (but not limited to) name as per identity card, preferred name, identity/passport number, age, contact number, residential address, email address, birth date, gender, race, nationality, occupation, designation, bank account details, information of spouse/children such as name and birth date, information of your company such as name, registration number and address, information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence and such other data necessary for the purposes which the personal data is collected.
3.2 The personal data provided by you to TARSOFT may be processed by TARSOFT for the following purposes:-
- to administer the business or contractual relationship between TARSOFT and you and/or your company;
- to communicate with you and/or your company; to administer customer relationship management procedures;
- to provide you with information about the activities, products, services, events and programmes that may be organized, managed, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by TARSOFT;
- to provide you with information about the products, services, events and programmes offered by selected third parties that may interest you;
- to facilitate payment in connection with the business or contractual dealings between TARSOFT and you and/or your company;
- to conduct research, study, assessment, survey and/or prepare reports/statistics for purpose of TARSOFT business activities;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to TARSOFT, and to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to TARSOFT;
- for recruitment of employees;
- for TARSOFT internal record keeping; and/or
- other lawful business activities of TARSOFT.
3.3 The personal data provided by you to TARSOFT may, if required, be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- TARSOFT’s subsidiaries within or outside Malaysia;
- TARSOFT’s subcontractors or third party service or product providers as may be determined by TARSOFT to be necessary or appropriate;
- financial institutions for purposes of facilitating payments and/or maintaining financial records in connection with the business or contract relationship between TARSOFT and you and/or your company;
- government agencies and selected parties within or outside Malaysia including strategic partners that work with TARSOFT in connection with TARSOFT’s business activities or any event or programme;
- agents, contractors, auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers of TARSOFT;
- regulatory bodies, government bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- any person to whom TARSOFT is compelled or required to do so under the law; and/or our shareholders.
3.4 Generally, the personal data processed by TARSOFT is collected from you or provided by a third party to TARSOFT for the aforesaid purposes.
3.5 Please note that your personal data is necessary for TARSOFT to carry out the aforesaid purposes. The failure to supply such personal data will or may:
- result in TARSOFT being unable to administer the business or contractual relationship between TARSOFT and you and/or your company;
- result in TARSOFT being unable to provide you with information about the activities, products, services, events and programs organized, managed, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by TARSOFT; and/or
- result in TARSOFT being unable to provide you with information about the products, services, events and programs offered by selected third parties which may interest you.
3.6 You have a right to request for access to and for correction of your personal data. You may also choose to limit the processing of your personal data. If you would like to make any of such requests, kindly submit your request in writing to TARSOFT at the postal/email address specified. We may charge you an administration fee for such a request.
3.7 If you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of the personal data, kindly communicate to TARSOFT in writing at the postal/email address specified.
Security of Your Personal Data
TARSOFT has implemented security policies and technical measures to protect your personal data in accordance with such requirements of the applicable personal data protection laws and regulations. Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purpose of data storage or processing, we may transfer the personal data to a third party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia, under similar level of security measures.
Changes To This Statement
This statement may be revised and updated from time to time. TARSOFT recommends that you visit this webpage to review the most updated version of this statement each time you provide your personal data to TARSOFT.
In case of discrepancies between English and Malay versions of this statement, the English version shall prevail.
If you have any questions about this statement, you may contact TARSOFT at:-
Tarsoft Sdn. Bhd.
Block G-1-131, Plaza Jelutong, No. 5C, Persiaran Gerbang Utama,
Bukit Jelutong, 40150
Shah Alam, Selangor